People gain extra body weight because they consume large quantities of products that contain simple carbohydrates, like:
These foods satisfy your appetite only for a short period of time. As a result, one serving is often not enough during dinner. This situation repeats every day, several years in a row, which results in:
- excess weight gain,
- health deterioration,
Split meals diet helps to cope with these problems.
Principles Of Diet
Split meals diet provides an opportunity not to feel hungry throughout the day, and not to overeat at the same time. In the end, the excess weight melts without any effort.
The basic principles of the split meals diet are as follows:
- You need to eat not 6 times a day, instead of your usual 3 times. In addition to the main meals, you need to have two snacks.
- Reduce the portion size, bringing them to the generally accepted standard.
- The daily calorie limit of 2000 kcal should not be exceeded. The minimum threshold is 1200 kcal.
- Harmful products are under absolute prohibition. Thus, you replace sweet fizzy drinks with homemade lemonade, potato chips with banana chips, etc.
- The volume of water that you consume during the day should amount to two liters. You are also allowed to drink tea and coffee, yet without adding sugar to them.
- If you find it impossible to refuse desserts, you should have them no later than 12 o’clock in the afternoon.
Allowed And Prohibited Products
During this weight loss diet, you are allowed to consume the following foods:
- Vegetables: all kinds of cabbage, carrots, eggplants, cucumbers, tomatoes, asparagus, beets, radish, carrots.
- Herbs: dill, parsley, fennel, spinach, arugula, lettuce, celery, basil.
- Fruits: grapefruit, orange, apple, tangerines, pomegranates, kiwi, pear, pomelo, melon, watermelon, pineapple.
- Berries: raspberries, strawberries, currants, gooseberries, blueberries, blackberries.
- Dairy products: fermented milk, yoghurt, milk, curdled milk, whey, fat-free cottage cheese.
- Meat and poultry: turkey, chicken, veal, pork liver.
- Fish: flounder, keta, smelt, perch, blue whiting, hake, cod, tuna, squid, pike-perch, crab.
The menu of this slimming diet does not include:
- Sugar, confectionery and pastries.
- Fried dishes, smoked products.
- Fast food.
- Frozen semi-finished products.
- Nuts: cashew, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, sunflower seeds.
- Herring, cod liver.
- Pork, lard, lamb, rabbit.
- Peas and soy.
- Beans and lentils.
- Dried fruits.
- Packaged juices, carbonated drinks.
Breakfast: Boiled oatmeal porridge.
Morning snack: Fruit and hazelnuts.
Lunch: Tomato, beetroot and carrot salad, bread.
Afternoon snack: Yogurt with berries and fruits.
Dinner: 1/2 chicken breast, vegetable salad, a glass of yogurt before bedtime.
Breakfast: Omelette, bread, coffee.
Morning snack: Cucumber and tomato salad.
Lunch: Pureed soup with cream and mushrooms, boiled veal.
Afternoon snack: Fruits with sour cream.
Dinner: Vegetable salad, rye bread. A glass of milk before bedtime.
Breakfast: Boiled buckwheat with milk.
Morning snack: Fruits and honey.
Lunch: Soup with meatballs, vegetables, rye bread.
Afternoon snack: Cottage cheese casserole with dried fruits.
Dinner: Pilaf, tea. Milk before night rest.
Breakfast: Cream of wheat porridge, bread, tea.
Morning snack: Fruit.
Lunch: Steamed turkey, vegetables.
Afternoon snack: Cocoa with milk.
Dinner: Spaghetti, tea. Before going to bed, a glass of yogurt.
Breakfast: Oatmeal porridge, Feta cheese, freshly made orange juice.
Morning snack: Fruit.
Lunch: Vegetables, chicken, rye bread.
Afternoon snack: Sour cream and berries.
Dinner: Rice, vegetables with lemon juice. Yogurt before going to bed.
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, cheese, bread, tea.
Morning snack: Boiled egg, tomato.
Lunch: Chicken soup, rye bread.
Afternoon snack: Yoghurt with fruit.
Dinner: Steamed fish, vegetable salad. Before bedtime, have a glass of fermented milk product that you prefer.
Breakfast: Boiled chicken.
Morning snack: Yogurt, dietary cookies.
Lunch: Vegetable salad, ham.
Afternoon snack: Fermented milk product that you prefer, a banana.
Dinner: Pea puree, veal. A glass of milk before bedtime.
Advantages And Disadvantages
Pros of the split meals diet:
- The menu is almost unlimited.
- You gradually loses weight, without feeling hungry.
- The body will not suffer from exhaustion.
- Caloric content is reduced, yet frequent meals save you from hunger.
- Weight decreases slowly, yet the result is stable.
- You lose fat, and not the muscle mass.
- The menu is balanced.
- Split meals diet suits people suffering from diabetes, as well.It allows to maintain the blood sugar level at a stable level.
- The body does not experience overloads during the diet.
Cons of the split meals diet:
This weight loss diet has a single disadvantage. People are not always capable to find time for frequent snacks. Especially if they spend the whole day at work. However, you will find the opportunity to do this, despite the overscheduling, if you truly want to lose weight and improve your own health.